Skip to main content
Hot Lemon Souffle
- 25g butter
- 50g sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs separated into yolks & whites
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 220c/425f/gas 7.
- Brush some ramekins with some melted butter.
- In a saucepan melt the butter with half the sugar and all the lemon juice thoroughly.
- Take from the heat and beat in the egg yolks one by one.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Heat very gently, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens to heat the back of a spoon.
- This is lemon curd, do not let it get too hot or it will curdle.
- Whisk the two egg whites until stiff, add remaining sugar, whisk for another 20 seconds until glossy.
- Gently heat the lemon mixture until hot to the touch and stir in quarter of the egg whites.
- Add this mixture to the rest of the egg whites and fold together lightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekin, smooth the surface and bake for 5 - 10 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with whipped cream.