We went to a friends three-year twins birthday party yesterday and Cully made these. The adults got to them before the children they were so good. He made the puff pasty but to be honest I would just buy it. Any leftover minced pork mixture can be made into lovely sausages and frozen for an easy dinner later in the week.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Firstly sweat your onions and garlic but try not to colour.
- In a large mixing bowl put your mince, herbs, bread crumbs and the softened onion and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of your mixture and add the egg and them once again mix well.
- Layout your puff pastry on a dry, clean surface and cut out 5cm by 5cm squares.
- Shape a tablespoon or so of your mixture into a sausage and place in the centre of each square.
- Roll the pastry around the sausage and brush a little milk over the top (this with giving the pastry and lovely brown shine) pop onto a baking tray and put into the oven for 20minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve with tomato sauce or Ballymaloe Country Relish.