I made these this morning for a playgroup Aoibheann and I were heading off to. They are so quick and easy, and fun for the two of us to make together. I took this recipe from Rachel Allen's Food for living published by Collins.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place your butter, golden syrup, sugar and vanilla extract in a large saucepan.
- Bring up to a simmer and stir allowing the butter to melt.
- When the mixture is smooth, take off the heat and add the flour and oats.
- Stir to mix and spread into a swiss roll tin measuring 25 x 35 cm.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden.
- Cut into squares while still hot and then remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Another friend on mine also adds mixed toasted seeds and sultanas to her flapjacks in the mixing stage, yum.