Clarified butter is butter with the salt and milk particles removed. It is excellent for cooking as it can withstand a higher heat with the milk and salt removed. It will keep covered in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees Celcius.
- To make the clarified butter melt it gently in a saucepan.
- Allow it to stand for a few minutes then spoon the crusty white layer of salt particles off the top.
- Underneath is the clear liquid known as clarified butter.
- The milky liquid at the bottom can be discarded or used in a white sauce.
- Peel your spuds and cut into 1 inch thick rings.
- Pop into a roasting tin in a single layer and cover with clarified butter.
- Turn over to cover both sides.
- Pop into the oven and cook for approximately 1 hour until cooked through and lovely and crunchy on the outside.
- Serve as a side with anything.