I love quail, especially done with an Asian influence. You can have great fun with this marinade. Try adding a jar of hoisin sauce or fresh chilli and honey instead of sweet chilli sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients, bar the quail, to make a marinade.
- Pop the quail into a dish single layer, and pour over the marinade.
- Cover and pop in the fridge for 24 to 48 hours.
- Heat your BBQ.
- Make sure you tuck the wings in, so the breast cooks evenly.
- These little birds only take 8 - 10 minutes to cook so have everything else done first.
- Pop them on the BBQ and turn every 2 minutes to stop burning, be careful not to overcook.
- They should still be a little pink at the bone, not raw.