A quick rummage through a fridge with a starter in mind resulted in this recipe...
- First, get all of your ingredients ready.
- Soak the pear (or apple) in the cider and vinegar.
- Get your serving plates out and place the lettuce on the plate.
- Fry off the bread pieces in some olive oil to make croutons, place on kitchen roll.
- Fry off your black pudding and bacon in the same pan, on high heat.
- When crispy (takes just 2 mins), add the apples/pear (leaving the marinade behind)
- Stir a couple times to warm the fruit up.
- Spoon the mixture onto your salad leaves.
- Now, add the remaining marinade to the same pan, simmer on a high heat for 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper, mustard, honey and a bit more oil.
- Whisk to emulsify.
- Drizzle over the salad (approx 1 dessert spoon per serving).
- Finally, add a few croutons and season.
- Serve while it's still warm.
- Enjoy with some nice cider or Champagne!!