Tuna salad... as old and as predictable as a wet Irish summer! But it's not something most of us have all the time so, it is a lovely change once in a while.
- Quarter the tomato, de seed and cut each quarter into 2-3 strips.
- Rinse and split the olives.
- Trim the beans and cut in half.
- Cook in boiling water for 3 mins. Drain.
- Season the tuna, rub all over with olive oil.
- Fry the tuna on each side for 1 min roughly.
- Place on a warm plate and cover with oil.
- Add the diced spuds to the hot pan with some more oil.
- Followed by the garlic.
- Fry for 1 minute (you are just warming the spuds, not frying them)
- Now add the green beans, tomato and thyme.
- Stir a few times... it's not essential to get the contents really hot, in fact, you do not want them browned or too hot, it's a salad after all.
- To serve, place the veg from the pan in to the lettuce leaves.
- Carve the tuna in to 4-6mm slices and place on top of the veg and toms mix.
- Season with plenty of black pepper.
- Sprinkle over the olives.
- Finally, pour over the dressing and serve with a nice crisp rose wine and warm focaccia bread.