Skip to main content
A-Maize-Ing Corn Chowder
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 120ml water
- 475ml milk
- 826g cream-style corn
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 3g salt ground black pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute onion in reserved drippings until tender; add potatoes and water.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk, corn, salt, and pepper to taste; continue to cook, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon to serve.
- Tips: simmer for an extra 15 or add some corn starch to thicken if necessary.
- Add chicken broth instead of water if you like!