We only discovered these recently at the Midleton Farmers Market. Baby Gems are small, green pumpkins. About the same size as a big orange. We got 2 for €1.00 so we bought loads. I have never seen them before but they are around the place. If you see some, buy loads. They are simple to prepare and cook.
- Slice off the top lid and carve out the inside (like a normal pumpkin) and discard the contents.
- Add salt and pepper to the inside of the baby gem and a good sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese.
- Place the lid back on top.
- Place in a preheated oven (about 180 degrees Celcius) for about 45 minutes - with the pumpkin lids on top.
- Eat straight from the pumpkin - no washing up.
- The are utterly butterly supperly delicious!