Skip to main content
Yummy Pasta Carbonara
- 7 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. bacon cut crosswise into 1/3 inch wide strips
- 4 med. size garlic cloves, minced
- 200ml heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. parsley, chopped
- 3/4 lb. spaghetti, cooked al dente, drained.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and saute the bacon until it's crisp.
- Drain off most of the fat but leave a little to saute the garlic.
- Add garlic and saute for exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat cream, yolks and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and add sauce mixture.
- Toss it all over low heat until the sauce is thickened and all of the pasta is coated.
- Transfer to warm plates, sprinkle with the rest of the cheese, black pepper (to taste) and parsley.
- Even yummier if you add some chicken strips :-)