Skip to main content
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock or just water (I use organic vegetable stock cubes)
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 4 strips roasted peppers, diced
- 4 semi sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds (or replace with another seed or nut)
- Jamjar, olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Fresh herbs, finely chopped (parsley, coriander, chives, or basil)
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For 2 to 3 people or a side for 5/6
- Pop the quinoa and the stock or water in a saucepan and put on a gentle heat.
- The quinoa is cooked when all the water has been absorbed by the grain and it has opened out.
- It should have a slight bite.
- While that is cooking prepare all the other salad ingredients.
- Put cooked quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, sundried tomatoes and feta into a bowl gently mix together.
- For the dressing half fill your jam jar with olive oil, add a third of the vinegar, the mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and chopped herbs.
- Put lid on jar and give a really good shake.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. I would quite often add more mustard.
- Add to salad and gently mix and scatter with pumpkin seeds.
- You can use any salad or vegetables that you have lying around.
- I sometimes make this with raw brocolli or roasted pumpkin.