We wanted to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day! We love the idea of a cosy night in on Valentine's Day with a delicious home-cooked dinner. It's the perfect way to wow that favourite person of yours. Here is a recipe for a Beetroot and Goats cheese soup. It's so simple to make and it's pink!! It doesn't get more Valentines-y than that! Serve it with some crumbled St. Tola goats cheese and Joe's Farm beetroot crisps... Two great Irish producers.
What you need:
- A good knob of butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 cooked beetroot chopped
- 2 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1- 1.5 pints of vegetable stock
- 1 large tbsp goats cheese
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- A good pinch of salt and pepper
What to do:
- Heat the butter in a pot over a medium heat, add onion and sweat until soft.
- Add in the beetroot, potatoes, salt and pepper and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 pint of stock and simmer until the potato is tender. Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Liquidise until lovely and smooth.. you can add more stock if needed at this point.
- Put the pot back on a gentle heat and add in the goats cheese. Stir to melt in to the soup.
Pour into warm serving bowls and top with crumbled goats cheese and beetroot crisps. Enjoy!!