Week 3 Challenge: Show us what you’re made of!!!
Give us more insight into your business with a 30 second behind the scenes video.
Last week we asked you to go out into your local community, talk to local food makers and food businesses and report back. It was great to see how many wonderful businesses are out there producing great food and we love how you have taken inspiration from them for your recipe and product.
The aim of GROW2CEO is to give students an insight into the food industry, from sourcing the raw ingredients (planting your rocket), researching your market (meeting local food businesses), to putting your ideas together and coming up with your business plan.
Which brings us to Challenge 3! Now don’t worry, we don’t expect you to write a business plan, but we do want you to tell us about what your recipe is, how you would bring it to market, make it stand out and sell it.
Here are a few pointers for Challenge Three:
- What is your recipe? Include this in your video if you have it, tell us about the ingredients, why you picked them, did you come up with the recipe yourself or is it a twist on an existing recipe?
- Name your recipe (product), and if you want, come up with a business (brand name) – for example, Cully & Sully is a business (brand name), and their Creamy Tomato and Basil Soup is a recipe (product name).
- How will you package your soup? What will make it stand out on the shelves, what’s different about it?
- Who do you think will buy your soup? How will you reach these customers? Would it be traditional radio, newspaper and TV advertising, or digital marketing through social media, or a combination of both.
- You can include all or some of the above, tell us as much as you can, we want to see that you have thought about the process of food making, and how food gets from the kitchen to a supermarket shelf and into the hands of a customer.
- Don’t get bogged down by details – the beauty of this campaign is that you can dream as big as you like (within reason!), so don’t worry about having facts and figures (although they can help too), just have fun, show us you’ve learned something and are enjoying it!
There are 3 ways to update us:
Points to remember when uploading posts:
Tag @cullyandsully and @GIYIreland on all your posts so we see them straight away.
Use the #GROW2CEO hashtag or we won't be able to find your posts.
Thanks for all the great updates!
If your class is taking part in Grow 2 CEO or even if you grow at school in another way then you can become part of the GIY family.
There are GIY groups of all shapes and sizes all over the world and by registering your food growing group HERE you are becoming part of that global movement of food growers.
By registering with us then you will automatically get regular updates from GIY and access to lots of growing resources and support for your project. We can connect you to other projects locally and honestly- we might even come and visit ourselves!