Terms & Conditions
GROW 2 CEO
1. This competition is open to persons at secondary schools in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Hain Celestial Ireland Limited (trading as Cully&Sully) (which is the “Promoter”) and their immediate families, agents and anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
2. No purchase is necessary in order to enter the competition. Access to the internet and an email account is necessary in order to enter.
3. By entering this competition, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions.
4. The competition opens at 9am on 27 February 2018 and closes at 5pm on 24th May 2018 (which is the “Competition Period”) albeit registration for entry will only be accepted the earlier of:
- a. 14 April 2018; or
- b. the Promoter having received 250 entries.
Please visit our website www.cullyandsully.com/ourgarden which will confirm whether we are still accepting entries.
5. There is one prize available. The winning team will be awarded a prize of €5,000 which will include a €3,000 GIY food garden for their school, 2 tablet devices for the school and a weekend trip to the prestigious Ballymaloe House for a teacher from the winning team (travel expenses excluded). In addition the winning team’s recipe will be produced and served for a limited time at the GROW HQ café in Waterford and the winning team’s recipe will feature on Cully & Sully’s recipe page on the Cully & Sully website. To enter, you must:
- a. Register your team (a maximum of two people) at www.cullyandsully.com/ourgarden by no later than 14 April 2018. The name of the team, nominated representative and school must be provided when entering.
- b. We will send your grow packs (consisting of a Cully & Sully soup tub, compost, seeds and instructions).
- c. April 24 2018 to May 19 2018 shall be considered to be the “growing season”. Entrant teams will be set weekly challenges decided by GIY and the Promoter. These may be communicated by email, newsletter or via social media.
- d. Those teams which complete all challenges (posting their progress online or via email) and submit a recipe (involving use of the pea shoots they have grown) and pitch their recipe idea (“ReciPEA for Success”) shall be entered into the final draw.
- e. On 22 May 2018 finalist teams will be selected at random to participate in an entrepreneurial style pitch to take place at GROW HQ in Waterford on 24 May 2018 during which teams will be asked to present their ReciPEA for Success (recipe and how it will be used in a food product). Please ensure availability to attend. Teams will need to make their own arrangements in respect of travel, attendance and associated costs.
- f. The Promoter, along with GIY and an independent judge will announce the winning team on May 24 2018.
6. Please note that multiple entries are not permitted – we allow a maximum of one entry per team and a maximum of one prize can be won.
7. Entries from agents, organised group entries, bulk entries or entries automatically generated by computer will not be accepted.
8. In the event that a winner has not provided a delivery address, or does not provide a delivery address within 7 days of request by the Promoter, or is not able to accept the prize for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and to award the prize to another participant.
9. Each prize will be delivered to the school address provided by a winner within 30 days of the end of the Competition Period provided that the Promoter has received the winner’s correct delivery address details and (where deemed necessary by the Promoter) has been able to verify the winner’s identity in accordance with condition 10. Winners are responsible for ensuring that complete and correct details are provided to the Promoter in order to receive their prize; and, for collecting their prize from our carrier’s office or depot if they are not available when the prize is delivered.
10. By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition in order to verify this.
11. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability of the intended prizes.
12. In the event that circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter affect, or could affect, the proper operation of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or these terms and conditions at any time but will make every effort to avoid causing undue disappointment to participants where such action is deemed necessary.
13. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although the Promoter shall try to minimise the effect of such failures.
14. Entries deemed inappropriate, rude or abusive by the Promoter will not be used and all such entries will be disqualified. If you are found to be abusing the competition, the Promoter, its products, employees or directors in any way your entry will be disqualified.
15. No responsibility can be taken for entries that are not seen or taken into account by the Promoter for technical reasons. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet. Proof of sending/transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Responsibility is not accepted for e-mails/messages from the Promoter which are not delivered as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind or as a result of an invalid e-mail or other address supplied by the winner, or which are not seen by the winner due to the ‘spam’ or ‘junk mail’ filter settings (or equivalent) on their e-mail or social media accounts.
16. If you are a prize winner, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winners of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
17. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter (at no charge to the Promoter save for reasonable expenses at the Promoter’s discretion).
18. Your competition entry and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter (the “Submission”) will become the property of the Promoter on receipt. To the extent that copyright arises in your Submission, you will own such copyright in your Submission but agree to grant and license the Promoter (without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable right to re-use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, alter, combine with other materials, edit, incorporate, broadcast, telecast, exhibit, publish, re-publish, display, portray and/or otherwise use your Submission (and any parts of your Submission) in any worldwide media. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and also agree that the Promoter will own all rights in any materials, photographs, videos and other works which use your Submission (in whole or part).
19. By entering the competition, you:
- a. agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition and for any other purposes to which you have expressly consented;
- b. acknowledge that such personal data may be transferred by the Promoter to, and/or stored in, a destination outside the European Economic Area for administrative purposes, including to the United States of America, where data protection regulations may not offer the same protection as those applicable in the European Economic Area, provided that the Promoter uses reasonable endeavours to keep such data adequately protected.
You understand that you may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. The name and county of the winning team can be obtained for 30 days after the Competition Period closes by sending a request to us at email@example.com and specifying which competition your request relates to.
21. To ensure fairness and the integrity of the competition, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running or outcome of the competition, but will respond to questions sent by email to Peas@cullyandsully.com.
22. If you post or are seen to be posting comments to the Promoter’s social media pages (including, without limitation, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) or elsewhere during or after the competition that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants, fans of Promoter or directly aimed at the Promoter, you will have your comments removed and your entry disqualified. We reserve the right to alert the relevant social provider to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
23. The Promoter reserves all rights relating to their social media pages and accounts, including but not limited to: (i) adding, removing, or modifying any content posted on the accounts, (ii) blocking users; and (iii) discontinuing the accounts at any time.
25. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate participants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
26. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to limit or exclude its liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud (including, but not limited to, fraudulent misrepresentation) or for that which cannot lawfully be excluded.
27. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the winner’s statutory rights.
28. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected and will remain valid.
29. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall confer any rights on any third person owing to the rule of privity of contract.
30. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
31. Promoter: Hain Celestial Ireland Limited, The Hen House, First Floor, Elm Court, Boreenmanna Road, Cork, Ireland.