- Sweat the onions and celery in a knob of butter with salt and pepper until nice and soft.
- Add mushrooms and sweat for another minute or two.
- Add stock and cook again for a few minutes.
- Add cream and season to taste.
- Liquidise in pulse mode until you get a fine but not smooth texture.
- Tip - We use button mushrooms but if your sceptical about the flavour of your mushrooms, add in some dark older ones or some breakfast flats (a larger flatter mushy)
- Also a few teaspoon of soya sauce can improve the flavour tremendously.