- For the marinade, place onion, chilli, garlic, and thyme in a food processor and whiz until chopped.
- Add the allspice, vinegar, soy sauce honey and oil, whiz until a thick paste.
- Score in the flesh side of the chicken and coat well in the marinade.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180c, place a wire rack over a roasting pan filled with 2cm water.
- Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade, then place chicken on the wire rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then brush with the reserved marinade.
- Bake for a further 30 minutes or until cooked through.