- Cut each fig in half, lengthways.
- Place the figs, cut-side up, in a flat ovenproof dish or baking tray.
- Add half a teaspoon of honey in the centre of each fig and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over each fig half.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the accompaniment of your choice and drizzle with any remaining syrup that has been formed during the roasting.
- If the syrup is too thick, add a little water to the syrup in your baking try or ovenproof dish and gently reheat on the stove top, then pour over the figs.
- A nice addition could be some crushed walnuts, sprinkled over the syrupy figs.