The trick wit this is good carrots. Buy the freshest ones you can get, preferably still dirty with the green stalks still on them from the local farmer.
- Sweat the onions gently in the butter with salt and pepper until soft.
- Add the honey and then the carrots.
- Cover and gently sweat some more until beginning to glaze.
- Add the stock, cook until everything is soft.
- Season, then pure in a liquidiser really well, then if you have time sieve to get a silky smooth texture.
- Add chopped coriander just before serving.
- Tip - USE THE BEST CARROTS YOU CAN GET.
- It's amazing, buy them off a farmer or at a farmers market for an amazing result.
- Buy the coriander there too!
- Oh, and honey is not essential (unless your looking for a cuddle!)