- Roughly chop the chicken and place in a food processor with the garlic, parsley, chives and zest, then season.
- Separate 1 egg, then add egg white to the chicken mixture (reserving the yolk) and pulse to a coarse paste - be carefull to not over process.
- Divide the mixture into 16 portions and use damp hands to shape into nuggets.
- Lightly beat two eggs and reserved yolk together in a separate bowl.
- Place fine breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Place flour in another bowl.
- Dip the nuggets first in the flour, then in the egg, then coat in bread crumbs. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180c, half fill a deep fryer or large saucepan with oil to 190c (a cube or bread will turn golden in 30 seconds).
- In batches deep fry the nuggets for 3-4 minutes until golden, remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towel, then transfer to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cooked through.