- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Place the garlic cut-side down in a large roasting tin.
- Add the butter, oil, a pinch of salt, a couple of twists of black pepper, the honey, rosemary and bay leaves and bake in the oven for 40–45 minutes.
- After 30–35 minutes put a large cross in the top of the Camembert and add it to the oven.
- Add the French baguette to warm it up too.
- Once the garlic is soft, the bread is extra crunchy and the cheese is all soft and gooey, remove from the oven.
- Serve everything on a big sharing plate.
- Break off a piece of crusty bread, squeeze out the tender flesh of the garlic along with a healthy dose of cheese and smear it liberally over the bread.